Embedded Software Engineer, remote
Our 3rd generation family business began in 1971 and consists of several companies in the real estate investment and development sectors: Advisors Realty, Brokerage, Storwell Self Storage Mississauga, Scarborough, and Etobicoke, Bid13.com Online Storage Auctions, Hurontario Corporate Centre & DBNC Group, and our upcoming development ROOK Hotel. Rook Hotel is a start-up high-tech hotel in the heart of Mississauga. Located conveniently across from Square One and 15 minutes from Toronto Pearson Airport. This hotel will be composed of cutting-edge technology offering an innovative and novel experience. We foster great leaders who ensure employees feel valued, with a common vision of purpose and success. Our breadth of companies will provide many opportunities and learning experiences across a variety of sectors relevant to your career. As an integral part of our company, you will be working directly with the owners of the business. For a complete list of exciting job opportunities, please visit: https://www.storwell.com/careers
As an Embedded Software Developer, you will architect, design, build, and test embedded software for Rook Hotel. In this role, you will participate in the design and implementation of both the prototype and development of various technologies needed at the Rook Hotel. The successful candidate will also demonstrate excellent development practices and seamless collaboration.
Software development requires deep collaboration across many disciplines that directly impact various user immersions. In this position, you will quickly solve problems, generate big ideas, work in new technology areas, drive concepts into prototypes, and envision how those prototypes transition to a bustling hotel environment. You will join a team of A-Players and experts exploring new concepts through to implementation.
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Remote Work Available
Type: Full time
Employer: Rook Hotel
Salary Range: $67,000 – $75,000 Annually
Vehicle Required: No, Remote position
- Lead the full cycle recruitment for various positions including that of IT & Software, Construction, Real Estate Leasing, etc.
- Create and implement inbound and outbound recruiting strategies.
- Assist hiring managers in selecting competencies and preparing for interviews.
- Research staffing trends, establish systematic workflows, and recommend solutions to improve our company’s recruitment practices & Determine HR metrics, such as turnover rates and cost-per-hire, review departmental budgets, and maintain employee records.
- Conduct routine human resource tasks including verifying trade credentials, licensing, etc.
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of new hires’ onboarding.
- Act as the main point of contact for managers, employees, and outside vendors as it relates to human resources.
- Communicate and help key players retrieve and understand HR policies, guidelines, and processes. Escalating discussions to HRBP as needed.
- Prepare confidential and essential HR documents such as employment contracts, new hire forms, termination letters, promotion letters, and performance improvement plans.
- Lead and organize the Joint Health & Safety Committee quarterly meetings to ensure all Ontario guidelines are being met by the company and successfully completed JHSC Certificate (Part 1)
- Promotes the company’s reputation and attractiveness as a great company with career opportunities.
- Manages internship and apprenticeship programs.
- Act as backup to HR Administrator and HR Business Partner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Attributes that we are looking for in a desired candidate include:
- Experience with embedded software design and programming in C/C++ for development, debugging, testing and performance analysis
- Experience in understanding hardware, clock-level issues, bridges, delays, interrupts, clock gating, polling etc.
- Experience building software for complex embedded systems or custom SoCs
- Experience partnering and/or collaborating across multiple teams
- Diploma in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can submit an application directly at: https://www.storwell.com/careers/software-developer
December 28, 2023