Lifeguard - Lake Whittaker Conservation Area
The lifeguard position at Lake Whittaker Conservation Areas is responsible for the daily operation of the swimming pool facility and its users. The position reports directly to the Lake Whittaker Conservation Area Coordinator.
KCCA is seeking full time lifeguards starting at the end of June, 2024. Grade 1 Job Classification $16.63 -$18.71 (2023 rate – under review)
- Supervise swimming pool area, promote water safety and enforce pool rules.
- Daily operation and maintenance of the campgrounds swimming pool facility (pool chemistry, pool water balance and keeping the pool area clean and free of hazards).
- Report any problems or hazards to the Conservation Area Coordinator or Crew Lead.
- Deal effectively with complaints, including gathering of information, dealing with the infraction in accordance to park rules, regulations and policy. Also provide feedback to the complainant and ensure that the occurrence has been properly documented.
- Be familiar with the Area Emergency Plan, Security Manual and Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor. Such duties would include cleaning washrooms, cutting grass, painting buildings, picking up garbage or participating visitor services events etc.
- Must possess a valid National Lifeguard Certificate and Emergency First Aid Certificate
- Knowledge and experience in the daily operation of a swimming pool.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to deal fairly and tactfully with the general public.
- Have strong customer service skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and work without direct supervision.
- Must be available and willing to work weekends, evenings and statutory holidays.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply through the online form on the KCCA website.
March 15, 2024
National Lifeguard Certificate