Payroll & Benefits Coordinator
• Process bi-weekly payroll according to government legislation.
• Process monthly pension contributions and benefits invoice with remittance of both.
• Year-end payroll and pension requirements (T4, annual pension contribution reconciliation).
• Monitor the collection and remittance of payroll taxes (CPP, EI, Employer Health taxes) including any required government reporting.
• Development and recommendation of new or revised payroll processes.
• Prepares annual payroll reports for the Treasurer and/or Administrator.
• Identification and tracking of best practices and trends/advances in the fields of payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, tax administration and collection for possible application by the Town.
• Maintains all relevant accounts payable, receivable and payroll procedures as developed by the Finance Department for the flow and handling of cash, calculations, posting and banking operations and reconciliations.
• Handles all incoming invoices and prepares them to be paid, reviews GL coding for potential errors and HST requirements.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
• Canadian Payroll Association Designation or Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) or Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) near certification or designation required.
• Three years’ experience in Payroll processing (preferably ADP Workforce Now), OMERS reporting, and benefit administration considered an asset.
• Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP/CHRL) designation considered an asset.
• Three-year Accounting diploma or University degree considered an asset.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel required.
• Knowledge of computerized information systems including municipal accounting related software (ie. Microsoft Office and Great Plains would be an asset).
• A focus on quality customer service, continuous improvement and attention to detail is critical.
• Ability to prioritize work and ensure sufficient use of time and completion of tasks required.
• Ability to work outside of regular office hours on occasion to meet scheduled deadlines.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to submit applications to: The Corporation of the Town of Aylmer Attn: Human Resources 46 Talbot Street West Aylmer, ON N5H 1J7
Select Employment Type
December 22, 2022