School Age - Site Supervisors and Educators Elementary School 2022-2023
Why the Y?
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities. Our locations, programs, and services are designed to help our members and participants grow in spirit, mind, and body and are open to people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities.
At the YMCA
• you will feel connected to a community when your work positively influences the lives of others in so many ways.
• you will meet new people while working at one of the most respected human services organizations in the world.
• you will expand your knowledge base, where you can flourish in a values-based environment.
• you will have career development opportunities where you build a better future for yourself and others.
• you will experience a rewarding job by helping support the building of healthy communities.
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is a multi-service, non-profit values-based charity that serves Windsor- Essex, Sarnia-Lambton, Chatham-Kent, London, Middlesex-Elgin, Huron-Perth, and Oxford counties. Our services include childcare services, school-age programs, camp programs, health and fitness branches, community programs, and newcomer services across the region. Our commitment includes a special focus on the region’s children and youth. From the kids in our camps and those participating in soccer and swimming lessons to youth who are new to our communities from around the world, the Y is committed to helping our next generation to grow and thrive, as healthy individuals and passionate future leaders.
Y” not join the thousands of members, employees, and volunteers in the region to share our vision of a healthy community?
Qualifications & Experience:
• Hold A Current Standard First Aid & CPR Level- C Certificate (from an approved WSIB approved agency) or provide proof of enrollment at the time of hire, in a course within three months.
• Willing to obtain, or provide a current criminal reference check with vulnerable sector screening within the last 6 months
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Experience working with children 0-12 years in a work or school placement setting.
• Meet immunization requirements outlined in the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 (Provide dates of Tetanus and Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
• It is a YMCA of Southwestern Ontario requirement that all employees and volunteers have a minimum of two vaccinations against COVID-19. Exemptions will be granted upon receipt of acceptable proof of a permissible Human Rights Code ground.
How to Apply
To Apply: 1. In your cover letter, specifically state the position you are applying for and the location. 2. Job ID: CESSAPS22-23 3. Please include specific information detailing how you meet the qualifications we require for this position. 4. Submit your cover letter, resume, and applicable attachments by email. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
Starting at $17.00
December 30, 2022