School Age – Site Supervisors and Educators Elementary School Year 2022-2023
• To ensure compliance with the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 and health unit regulations
• Adhere to YMCA of Southwestern Ontario policy and procedures.
• To ensure the implementation of the YMCA A Place to Connect curriculum to meet the needs, special needs, interests, and talents of all children.
• Act as a YMCA ambassador, demonstrating YMCA core values in your daily work.
• Adhere to the Early Childhood Educator Code of Ethics and Standards
• Develop and facilitate a before and after school program for students 4 – 12 years of age in their school.
• Ensure the safety of students enrolled in the program through direct supervision, attendance protocols, and age-appropriate programming
• Required to commit to supporting a family of schools within a reasonable proximity.
• Hold A Current Standard First Aid & CPR Level- C Certificate (from an approved WSIB approved agency) or provide proof of enrollment at the time of hire, in a course within three months.
• Willing to obtain, or provide a current criminal reference check with vulnerable sector screening within the last 6 months
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Experience working with children 0-12 years in a work or school placement setting.
• Meet immunization requirements outlined in the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 (Provide dates of Tetanus and Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
• It is a YMCA of Southwestern Ontario requirement that all employees and volunteers have a minimum of two vaccinations against COVID-19. Exemptions will be granted upon receipt of acceptable proof of a permissible Human Rights Code ground. This policy is currently suspended. It may be reinstated
How to Apply
1. In your cover letter, specifically state the position you are applying for and the location. 2. Job ID: CESSAPS-23 3. Please include specific information detailing how you meet the qualifications we require for this position. 4. Submit your cover letter, resume, and applicable attachments by email. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Starting at $18.50
March 27, 2023