School Age Site Supervisors Educators and Supply Staff - Elgin County
At the YMCA
• you will feel connected to a community when your work positively influences the lives of others in so many ways.
• you will meet new people while working at one of the most respected human services organizations in the world.
• you will expand your knowledge base, where you can flourish in a values-based environment.
• you will have career development opportunities where you build a better future for yourself and others.
• you will experience a rewarding job by helping support the building of healthy communities.
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is a multi-service, non-profit values-based charity that serves Windsor- Essex, Sarnia-Lambton, Chatham-Kent, London, Middlesex-Elgin, Huron-Perth, and Oxford counties. Our services include childcare services, school-age programs, camp programs, health and fitness branches, community programs, and newcomer services across the region. Our commitment includes a special focus on the region’s children and youth. From the kids in our camps and those participating in soccer and swimming lessons to youth who are new to our communities from around the world, the Y is committed to helping our next generation to grow and thrive, as healthy individuals and passionate future leaders.
Y” not join the thousands of members, employees, and volunteers in the region to share our vision of a healthy community?
As we continue to grow, we have a need for the following position:
Location: Various Elementary Schools - Elgin County
We have sites operating in: West Lorne, St Thomas, Aylmer, Port Burwell
Position/Term: School Age – Site Supervisors and Educators Elementary School Year 2022-2023
• Monday through Friday following the elementary school calendar
• Morning program operates from - 7:15am - 9:00am
• Afternoon program operates from - 3:00pm - 6:00pm
• The number of shifts per week is dependent upon candidates’ availability
• Possibility of additional full-day shifts on PD Days/Breaks - various locations/needs
• To ensure compliance with the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 and health unit regulations
• Adhere to YMCA of Southwestern Ontario policy and procedures.
• To ensure the implementation of the YMCA A Place to Connect curriculum to meet the needs, special needs, interests, and talents of all children.
• Act as a YMCA ambassador, demonstrating YMCA core values in your daily work.
• Adhere to the Early Childhood Educator Code of Ethics and Standards
• Develop and facilitate a before and after school program for students 4 – 12 years of age in their school.
• Ensure the safety of students enrolled in the program through direct supervision, attendance protocols, and age-appropriate programming
• Required to commit to supporting a family of schools within a reasonable proximity.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Hold A Current Standard First Aid & CPR Level- C Certificate (from an approved WSIB approved agency) or provide proof of enrollment at the time of hire, in a course within three months.
• Willing to obtain, or provide a current criminal reference check with vulnerable sector screening within the last 6 months
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Experience working with children 0-12 years in a work or school placement setting.
• Meet immunization requirements outlined in the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 (Provide dates of Tetanus and Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
• It is a YMCA of Southwestern Ontario requirement that all employees and volunteers have a minimum of two vaccinations against COVID-19. Exemptions will be granted upon receipt of acceptable proof of a permissible Human Rights Code ground.
How to Apply
To Apply: 1. In your cover letter, specifically state the position you are applying for and the location. 2. Job ID: CESSAPS22-23 3. Please include specific information detailing how you meet the qualifications we require for this position. 4. Submit your cover letter, resume, and applicable attachments by email. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
up to $21,00/h
February 26, 2023
Education or exprience with children age 4-12 is preferred