Sheet Metal Apprentice 2nd - 5th Year
Full time Sheet Metal Apprentice 2nd – 5th Year Preferred
Work may involve any of the following:
- setting up and operating fabricating machines to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal;
- shaping metal over anvils, blocks, or forms using hammer;
- operating soldering and welding equipment to join sheet metal parts;
- inspecting, assembling, and smoothing seams and joints of burred surfaces.
- Must have a valid Driver`s Licence (at least a G2).
- Must Be 2nd to 5th Year Sheet Metal Apprentice.
- Pay 2nd Year $19.50
- Pay 3rd Year $23.40
- Pay 4th Year $27.30
- Pay 5th Year $31.20
- Registered member in good stand with the Skilled Trades
- Up to date Working at Heights
- Up to date WHIMIS
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Physically capable of doing all work required
- Read engineering and architectural drawings, sketches and work specifications to be performed, and lay out, measure and mark sheet metal according to drawings or templates
- Operate light metalworking machines such as shears, brakes, punches, and drill presses, including computer numerical control (CNC) equipment to cut, bend, punch, drill, shape or straighten sheet metal
- Install and use rigging and hoisting equipment
- Fit and join sheet metal parts using riveting, welding, soldering and similar equipment to fabricate products such as ventilation shafts, exhaust hoods, eavestroughs, partition frames, air and heat ducts, material handling systems, roof decking and sheet metal buildings
- Install sheet metal products according to specifications and building codes
- Grind and buff seams, joints and rough surfaces
- Inspect product quality and installation to ensure conformance to specifications
- Fabricate, assemble, install, and repair sheet metal products and equipment, such as ducts, control boxes, drainpipes, and furnace casings.
How to Apply
With the job number in the subject line, email resumes to: email@example.com
$19.50 - $31.20/hour
October 6, 2023