August 12th, 2019
Rate of Pay: $26.12 (2019)
Permanent Job Postings
How to Apply:
Apply on line: https://careers.centralelgin.org/Job/Search
Position Summary: To carry out the day to day maintenance and construction of servicing infrastructure within the Municipality of Central Elgin. To provide maintenance and repair to Municipal Fleet Vehicles.
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week.
• Will be required to work overtime and unusual hours in order to handle Roads Section Emergencies and poor weather conditions.
• Subject to call-outs after regular hours for maintenance and winter control including nights, weekends, and holidays. General call-outs for winter control work may preclude employee from belonging to any outside organization for which regular attendance or executive involvement is required.
• Rotating weekend standby is required and calls for both weekends and nights may occur without prior notice. During winter control season may be subject to early call-out
Skills and Knowledge:
• Must be capable of operating a variety of equipment which includes but is not limited to tandem dump truck (with or without plow equipment), float, grader, backhoe, loader etc. Is expected to operate other equipment as assigned including operation of a combination sander/plow unit or act as a wingman.
• Is expected to work with other municipal employees, etc., as a team member in various construction and maintenance jobs. Jobs include, but are not limited to, placement of road granulars, roadside ditching, sewer installation/repairs, tree cutting, sign installation, winter control, etc.
• Shall be able to keep proper records with regard to both the job at hand and the machine being operated.
• Able to provide preventative maintenance and repair on municipal fleet vehicles including detecting and diagnosing operating problems in frames and steering mechanisms, engines transmissions, brakes, ignition, axles, fuel systems, engine management systems, suspension systems, electrical/electronic systems, emission control systems and air conditioning/refrigeration systems
• Good physical condition required to operate most equipment and perform laborious activities as required.
• O.S.S.D or equivalent
• Basic knowledge and use of survey equipment.
• First Aid & WHMIS trained
• Must have licensed truck and coach technician certification
• Must have a minimum DZ motor vehicle licence with the preferred being AZ.
**** Please note that you MUST be a licensed truck and coach technician to be considered for the position****