In a Provincial Park environment, there are many types of Park Ranger positions:
- Gate Attendant – Assists with issuing park permits, day-to-day park operations, and performing clerical and customer service functions.
- Interior Ranger – Travels into the interior of a Provincial Park on one-day or multi-day trips, performing campsite, portage, and trail maintenance.
- Administrative Assistant – Performs clerical and administrative functions.
- GIS Data Technician - Uses Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software to conduct data and trend analysis, including spatial trend analysis.
- Trail Maintenance – Assists with trail maintenance and development, utilizing hand tools.
- Natural Heritage Education Assistant - Assists with the delivery of Natural Heritage Education programs.
- Maintenance Worker – Performs unskilled manual labor duties and operates light power equipment.
- Park Planner – Supports the delivery of a park planning program.
- Park Store Sales Clerk – Assists with grocery and merchandise retail sales, as well as clerical activities.