Description: The Fitness Instructor is responsible for leading fitness classes to clients under the direction of the Program coordinator and/or Physiotherapist (PT) associated with the program and in line with the certification standards.
- Leads fitness classes.
- Works toward fulfillment of client goals as outlined on assessment
- Participates in on-going review of service delivery process and evaluation.
- Attends educational in-services that are deemed appropriate by PT and/or coordinator
- May provide fall prevention education as directed by Coordinator and/or regulated professionals
- Reports any situations that are deemed inappropriate to their PT/coordinator.
- Ensures all incidents are reported in a timely manner in accordance with legislation and VON policies and procedures
- Reports any defect in any equipment which may endanger themselves or others.
- Functions and reports in compliance with the OHS legislation, regulations, and VON policies and procedures
- Frequent interaction with Coordinator, Physiotherapist and clients
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Attention to detail
- Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques
- Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics
- Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs
- Hand movements