October 06th, 2021
Remuneration: $14.25/hr; hours and position length subject to approval of Service Canada – Canada Summer Jobs.
Temporary Job Postings
How to Apply:
To apply: Please apply online at: www.indwell.ca/careers. We thank all applicants; however, only applicants that are being considered will be contacted.
Full Time Community Coordinator, Temporary Contract (8 weeks)
St. Thomas, ON
Contract Dates: November through December 2021
All positions subject to approval by Service Canada – Canada Summer Jobs
Candidates must be between the ages of 18-30
Position Description: Reporting to the Program Manager, the Community Coordinator works to support tenants in connecting to community resources and events. They will coordinate recreational and community activities with a focus on art therapy to improve tenant’s health, wellness, and belonging.
Location: St. Thomas, ON
Hours of Work: Full time, 35 hours per week. Flexibility is required to meet program needs, including evening and weekend hours. This position is a temporary contract, ending after 8 weeks.
Duties for this position include:
• Working as part of an inter-disciplinary team to provide direct and indirect support to individuals.
• Arranging and coordinating aspects of recreational and community activities.
• Planning and preparing appropriate therapeutic art interventions, media and directives.
• Facilitating art therapy sessions to improve physical, mental, or emotional wellbeing.
• Helping individuals connect to community resources and supports.
• Reinforcing individuals’ life skills, spirituality, and social and community skills by supporting participation in cultural, spiritual, recreations, leisure, and social activities.
• Documentation of events, including program planning, tracking of participants, evaluation of events.
• Developing therapeutic relationships.
• Supporting individuals to achieve their goals while encouraging independence and recovery.
• Maintaining a safe and healthy environment.
Personal information submitted will be used only for employment opportunities within Indwell in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Indwell’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Indwell exists to provide hope and homes for all. Our supports, services, and employment are open to people from every creed, race, ethnicity, sex, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Indwell's leadership are motivated by the example of Jesus Christ as reflected in Indwell's statement of faith. Indwell engages with diverse communities; we actively identify and remove barriers that prevent people from accessing and participating in our services and organization.
Requirements: Experience working with individuals with serious mental illness, addictions or other special needs. The successful candidate should demonstrate a warm, sensitive and caring approach, the ability to work independently, be flexible, organized, responsible, and take initiative. Must have strong problem solving skills, be able to maintain good interpersonal relationships and have a genuine interest in supporting people living with mental illness.
Education/Experience: Minimum High School diploma. Priority given to those with post-secondary education in art therapy and/or therapeutic recreation.